3D Animator, Visual Effects Supervisor, Director
Since early on, Prateek was fascinated with aeronautics. While studying in India, he crafted a physical 13 foot model of GSLV for an exhibition. From then on, he began following up on all the aeronautical events across the globe from NASA, ISRO, JAXA etc. He fullfilled his aim to be involved in the space exploration program, managing to secure his place in Hindustan Aeronautics Limited (HAL) in early 2006, before a chain of events led him to the 3D and VFX industry in the United Kingdom.
To this day, he is fascinated with space exploration and keen on following all the space programs such as SpaceX, ISRO, NASA and JAXA.
The recent launch of Chandrayaan 2, as well as orbital studies of lunar topography, mineralogy, elemental abundance, the lunar exosphere, and signatures of hydroxyl and water ice, has sparked his interest once again.
This animation is mainly created to motivate the scientists who worked on the Chandrayaan 2, and the success of the Lunar orbiter despite the loss of the lander carrying the rover for the moon surface exploration. This is not only to motivate the exceptional minds in ISRO and JAXA but also the explorers around the globe who have a vision to explore even beyond the earth’s surface.
This work is not official or endorsed by any organisation. The rocket was modelled to resemble the real GSLV MARK3 however it is not an official accurate replica nor is it meant to be. The rocket Chandrayaan 3 is a concept art and is by no means an official or accurate depiction of Chandrayaan 3 in 2024. Any resemblance to the next GSLV MARK3 is purely coincidental.
The images and videos are available for download. The material is copyrighted by Prateek Mathur. Anyone using the 3D render, illustrations, photos, graphics, files, designs, arrangements etc. in commercial/advertising/print/online activities should take permission by the artist himself at contact@AxteleraRay.org
- Research and development
- 72 hours in modeling, texturing & animation
- 48 Hours in rendering
- 48 hours in motion graphic & compositting
- Software: Autodesk Maya, Adobe Creative Cloud
- Work type: Volunteer
- Resources: Team Axtelera Ray & The Mighty Compass
- IMDb: https://www.imdb.com/name/nm5723699
- Wikipedia: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alroy_Jovi
- Linkedin: https://www.linkedin.com/in/prateek-mathur-3d/
- Official website: www.Animation.Life
- The primary objectives of the Chandrayaan-2 lander were to demonstrate the ability to soft-land on the lunar surface and operate a robotic rover on the surface. Scientific goals include orbital studies of lunar topography, mineralogy, elemental abundance, the lunar exosphere, and signatures of hydroxyl and water ice. The orbiter will map the lunar surface and help to prepare 3D maps of it. The onboard radar will also map the surface while studying the water ice in the south polar region and thickness of the lunar regolith on the surface. Cite
- Chandrayaan-3 The mission concept has not yet been formally proposed for funding and planning. If approved, it would be the third mission of India’s Chandrayaan programme approximately in year 2024. Cite