A whale in the sky!
Published on: 17 Jul 2019 at 19:36
Have you spotted it? A shadow looming over Manchester. A whale in the sky! It flies through the air, slaloming between buildings and disappearing as swiftly as it appeared. A friendly reminder that something is afoot.
Even filled with good intentions, we have been destroying countless of our fauna’s habitats, forcing animals out of their home. The whale is a reminder that in the near future they may have nowhere to go. It’s a terrifying thought and we want to raise awareness. Our friendly whale roams the world in search of a new home but wouldn’t be perfect if it could simply go back to its rightful one?
With the help of this concept, I want to spread awareness about how much pain we are causing to the animals. These animals that can’t express themselves as we do.
I want to use my skills to share this with the world and to inspire other artists to do the same. I would like every one to share and spread the word.
– Prateek Mathur (Alroy)
- Email: Contact@AxteleraRay.Org
- Software: Autodesk Maya, Adobe Creative Cloud
- Work type: Volunteer
- Resources: Team Axtelera Ray & The Mighty Compass
Special Thanks to: Chief Production
- Animate OBJ sequence
- Perfect loop – 558 .obj files
- Poly faces – 111760
- Diffuse Map
- Normal Map
- Glossiness Map
- Height Map
- Specular Map
- Opacity Map
- Native software Autodesk Maya
- Work great with Adobe After Effect – Element 3D
- Custom texturing can be done by using Mudbox, Zbrush, Photoshop
Published on 19 July 2019 – Location Manchester UK – Artist: Prateek Mathur
- 🌍 Earth: You still haven’t found a new earth to live on. So you will be staying on the same planet. Give some respect.
- 🤷🏻♀️🤷🏻♂️Humans: I will save my planet 🌏. Wait, let me just wrap my cucumbers 🥒 in plastic.
- 🐳 Whales: Thank you humans for destroying our home, now we have no choice but to make your cities our oceans.
(Save the Oceans project to spread the awareness “Ocean Tears”)